Convergence India 2017 presents a complete picture of the current industry landscape and emerging technologies in the ICT, broadcast and digital media sectors. The inspiring keynotes and tech workshops on timely topics, led by industry experts encourage innovative thinking.
New Delhi, February 9: Every year technology czars and startups alike descend on New Delhi to either showcase the amazing products and solutions or to clinch deals behind the scene at Convergence India.
Connecting with industry leaders, hitting the show floor, and listening to highly sought after industry experts, the three-days spent at Convergence India are energising for participants.
Convergence India 2017 is a veritable non-stop feast of knowledge. With over 150 speakers providing insights on the latest industry trends and innovations, the show’s longstanding insightful and technical conference sessions are more robust than before.
Covering a broad set of topics, starting from ‘Digital India campaign’ to ‘How Internet of Things is Transforming Business for Enterprises’ to ‘Why Adoption of Cloud Technology is Important’ to ‘5G-The Next Big Step in Mobile Communication Technologies and How It will Revolutionise the Customer Experience’ to ‘Digitisation Challenges in India’ to ‘Next Gen TV’, the sessions engage in discussions crucial to the advancement of the ICT, broadcast and digital media sectors.
At the inaugural conference session, ‘Digital India,’ discussions focused on the Digital India 2020 priorities and building a successful digital service ecosystem.
BVR Mohan Reddy, Founder & Executive Chairman, Cyient, India, said, “One of the biggest examples of Digital India is JAM, i.e. Jan Dhan, Aadhar and Mobile connectivity. With such initiatives, we can see direct benefit being transferred to the end user. The biggest challenge in India is a lack of quality education and therefore many people still cannot use any of the digital platforms. Additionally, there is an urgent need to address cyber security issues.”
Stating that the three pillars of the Digital India campaign include vision of the government, policy matters, and user behaviour, Sanjay Kaul, Managing Director, CISCO, India & SAARC, said, “Digitisation will impact all industries and it may seem as a disruption in the beginning, but at the end it will be valuable for the progress of the country.”
The session, ‘Mobile Phone Industry – Torch bearer of the Make in India and the Digital India initiatives,’ witnessed discussions aimed at strengthening the Indian mobile phone manufacturing ecosystem in sync with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ initiatives,
Ramesh Vasvani, Senior Advisor, Intex, India, said, “Mobile phones have created a great success story in India and are a boon to our economy. The mobile handset manufacturing industry has emerged as a platform for schemes like Make in India and Digital India, which has helped in increased transactions through e-wallets.”
Sunil Raina, Business Head, Xolo, India, added, “One of the greatest advantages is that most of the software for mobile phones is created in India.”
Coming to products and services on display at Convergence India 2017, here’s a sneak peek at what’s new and what’s coming from leading industry companies.
– Elemental, an Amazon Web Services Company, empowers media companies to deliver premium video experiences to consumers. At the booth, visitors learn about how the company provides media organisations with a family of on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-based solutions for Internet-based video delivery.
– If you’re visiting the HERE booth, then you’ll have plenty of opportunities to find out more on the HERE Open Location Platform. The ‘open’ part of the new platform will allow data owners, developers and others to add, mix, and manipulate data for themselves. Content providers to the platform might be car manufacturers, business owners, transit authorities, government agencies, and more.
– The latest innovative and ground-breaking release of Skyline Communications’ global leading end-to-end network management platform DataMiner makes it possible to manage operations more easily and efficiently. DataMiner 9.5 provides unprecedented visibility on user experience, and enables unrivalled orchestration in the most complex and versatile technology ecosystems.
– At the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) booth, see how C-DOT’s GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network) solution is fuelling the backbone of BharatNet, the prestigious nationwide optical fibre based network connecting 2.5 lakh Panchayats in the nation with high speed broadband. C-DOT’s unflinching determination towards promotion of “Digital Literacy” is well reflected in its unique innovation, GyanSetu, that is capable of extending the benefits of Internet to the illiterate populace of India including the specially abled in an easy and convenient manner thus spurring the socio-economic growth.
– Verimatrix, which specialises in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-network, multi-screen digital TV services around the globe, showcases the Verimatrix Verspective™ Intelligence Center that offers a cloud-based security platform.
– Check out UNLIMIT, the first dedicated business unit, which is completely focused on providing Internet of Things (IoT) services to enterprise customers throughout India. The company is working on some very interesting new products which will be rolled out as services.
– LaCie, the premium brand from Seagate Technology plc, announced the LaCie® 12big Thunderbolt 3 and 6big Thunderbolt 3, aimed at helping video professionals excel with ultra high-resolution footage. With up to 120TB of massive capacity, the breakthrough performance of Thunderbolt 3 and RAID 5/6, the LaCie 12big and the LaCie 6big help video professionals meet the data demands of 4/5/6K cameras.
– AJA Video Systems introduced the Ki Pro Ultra – a next generation file-based 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD video recorder and player with a built-in HD LCD monitor. Ki Pro Ultra is capable of capturing edit-ready 4K (4096 x 2160), UltraHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080) and HD (1920 x 1080) Apple ProRes files. Ki Pro Ultra also supports a range of video formats and frame rates up to 4K 60p, and offers flexible input and output connectivity.
– Planetcast, a leading provider of technical services and solutions in the Indian broadcasting sector, will soon roll out virtualised broadcast services to provide seamless and secure remote access to customers so that they can monitor and control processes wherever they are.
Sharad Mehrotra, Advisor for SME’s, India
Sunil Raina, Business Head, Xolo, India
Ramesh Vaswani, Senior Advisor, Intex, India
Mr. Pankaj Mohindroo, President, ICA, India
Kuldeep Malik, Country Head, India – Corporate Sales International, MediaTek Inc.
P.Sanjeev, Vice President-Device Sales, Huawei Telecommunications (I) Co.Pvt.Ltd., India
About 25th Convergence India 2017 expo:
Convergence India expo is the South Asia’s most influential and relevant trade event for the ICT, broadcast and digital media industry. The three-day event is a powerful platform for telecom operators, service and content providers, equipment and device manufacturers, information and network security, broadcasters, broadcast equipment, cable and satellite companies, digital media etc., to showcase their products and services to the global industry.
For additional information, please visit: www.convergenceindia.org
About Internet of Things 2017 expo:
The expo will showcase today’s disruptive technologies, and the evolutionary world of IoT. The range of products and solutions on display include wearables, video analytics, telecommunications, smart lighting, security, systems integration, M2M solutions, data science, cloud services and applications development, etc. This event includes the future of IoT in India, supporting the Smart Cities mission and implementation of the Digital India programme.
For addition information please visit: http://www.iotindiaexpo.com/
About Exhibitions India Group (EIG):
EIG is a trade promotion organization creating opportunities for investments, joint ventures and technology transfers. EIG acts as an interface between businesses, government, academia, society, media, etc.
EIG has been in existence since 1987, and is committed to providing satisfaction to our customers by organizing quality and focused international trade shows through exceptional services, employee involvement, market intelligence and continual improvement.
For detailed info, please visit: www.exhibitionsindiagroup.com
For Conference Programme, visit: http://www.convergenceindia.org/conference-programme.aspx
For Speakers List, visit: http://www.convergenceindia.org/speakers.aspx
Mobile: +91 9650187059
Exhibition India Group
Mobile: +91 9873884498